QUEZON CITY, September 22, 2021 – To recognize the exceptional farmer and fisherfolk beneficiaries of the Department of Agriculture – Special Area for Agricultural Development (DA-SAAD) Program, the Agriculture (DA) and Fishery (BFAR) sectors in Region 13 (Caraga) will hold its first SAAD Saga event.
The SAAD Saga is a partners’ forum featuring the success stories and project management strategies of the beneficiaries (group and individual) towards an enterprise. The finalists will set up booths to showcase their products.
Prior to the main SAAD Saga event on October 5, 2021, two separate events will be conducted in Agusan del Sur on September 29 and in Surigao del Sur on October 1. Both sectors will evaluate all its assisted farmers and fishers (17 groups – 607 members and 4 individuals) at the provincial level and will be recognized at the regional level.
In accordance with the CoViD health and safety protocols, the National SAAD Saga will be attended by the participants physically and virtually at Bislig City Cultural and Sports Center, Bislig City, Surigao del Sur.
The nominated groups and individuals are the following:
DA-SAAD Agusan del Sur
- Culiram SAAD Abaca Farmers’ Association, 66 members
- Muritula USAD Farmers’ Association, 80 members
- Candiis SAAD Cacao Farmers’ Association, 54 members
- Cosep Peoples’ Organization, 40 members
DA-SAAD Surigao del Sur
- Balete Chicken Growers Association, 31 members
- Cabugo Chicken Production Association, 20 members
- Sote Bayabas Farmers Association, 20 members
- Mag-uumang Manobo sa Hinapoyan Association, 50 members
- Antao Swine Raisers Association, 23 members
- Cancavan Corn Growers Association, 21 members
- Pamian Timberland Farmers Association, 20 members
BFAR- SAAD Agusan del Sur
- Piglawigan Fisherfolk Fishcage Operator Association, 15 members
- Doña Flavia Farmers and Fisherfolk Association, 84 members
- Vosbogart Acop (individual beneficiary)
- Jobert Rivera (individual beneficiary)
- Marjhun Samson (individual beneficiary)
BFAR- SAAD Surigao del Sur
- Soong Fisherfolk Association, 20 members
- Ganga Baybay Association, 20 members
- Samahan ng mga Mangingisda sa Barcelona, 23 members
- Tina Lagoon Fisherfolk Association, 20 members
- Joel C. Gatillo (individual beneficiary)
SAAD is committed to alleviating the poverty situation in its priority provinces to meet DA’s twin goals of Masaganang Ani at Mataas na Kita by supporting the beneficiaries in developing agri-enterprises in their communities. ###
Writer: Natalianne Marie O. Delos Reyes, PR and Comms Officer- SAAD NPMO
Source: Mark Angelo Pineda, Information Officer- DA Caraga