SIQUIJOR, PHILIPPINES—The Department of Agriculture (DA) – Special Area for Agricultural Development (SAAD) Program Regional Field Office (RFO) VII organized a capability enhancement training on corn-peanut production in different sites in the Province of Siquijor on March 7–9, March 26-28, and April 17-19, 2018.
Getting ready for the planting season, and with the purpose of equipping the SAAD farmer-beneficiaries with technical knowledge and values to be socially and effectively prepared for program implementation, several groups of farmers were trained.
The first group, consisting of 294 Corn-Peanut Production farmer-beneficiaries were trained on March 7-9, 2018, namely:
- Cang-apa, Larena – 40 farmer-beneficiaries
- Ponong, Siquijor – 53 farmer-beneficiaries
- Enrique Villanueva – 29 farmer-beneficiaries
- Gabayan, Lazi – 42 farmer-beneficiaries
- Liloan, Maria – 47 farmer-beneficiaries
- Logucan, Maria – 44 farmer-beneficiaries
- Catulayan, San Juan – 39 farmer-beneficiaries
On March 26-28, 266 farmer-beneficiaries received the same training, namely:
- Nabutay, Maria, Siquijor – 49 farmer-beneficiaries
- Timbaon, San Juan, Siquijor – 39 farmer-beneficiaries
- Simacolong, Lazi, Siquijor – 30 farmer-beneficiaries
- Gabayan, Lazi, Siquijor – 40 farmer-beneficiaries
- Campalanas, Lazi, Siquijor – 50 farmer-beneficiaries
- Campalanas, Lazi, Siquijor – 58 farmer-beneficiaries
Recently, 73 farmer-beneficiaries were trained on April 17-19:
- Cang-asa, Siquijor – 48 farmer beneficiaries
- Pasihagon, Siquijor – 25 farmer beneficiaries
The activities were sustained with the help of SAAD – Siquijor staff; DA – Provincial Agricultural Technology Coordinating Office (PATCO) – Siquijor headed by the Agricultural Program Coordinating Office (APCO) Ms. Bernadith S. Bunado (ACC II); Office of the Provincial Agriculture headed by its OIC – Provincial Agriculturist Ms. Lilibeth P. Caroro; and agricultural extension workers from the Provincial and Municipal Agriculture Offices – Municipal Agriculturists Ms. Chita M. Maglinte (Siquijor), Mr. Arnold V. Manginsay (San Juan), Mr. Jorge A. Arcaya (Larena), Ms. Erlinda Aso (OIC-MAO for Lazi), Ms. Ceceil G. Hora (Enrique Villanueva), and Mr. Danilo T. Casalta (Maria).
Project implementation scheme on Corn-Peanut Production included ideas on allocating the portion of harvest in preparation for the next cropping. Such allocation (which could be cash or in kind) can be kept by the organization’s president and treasurer. This scheme can help the project’s sustainability.
The farmer-beneficiaries were also acquainted with their role as beneficiaries based on the SAAD guidelines as they are also expected to be socially prepared for the implementation of the SAAD program.
Writer: Ela Arciaga, PR & Communications Officer
This Post Has 0 Comments